https://ruangmainan.com - Chess is a sport played by two people on a square board, where each player has 16 chess pieces that can be moved on the chessboard in different ways.
Chess has several versions, including classic chess, rapid chess, blitz chess, blindfold chess, online chess, and correspondence chess.
Each version of playing chess has different rules and ways to play. However, according to FIDE (Federation Internationale des Echecs), the chess game has some important rules:
1. Players must be sportsmanlike and must not disturb the concentration of the opponent who is thinking.
2. The players must take turns to make a move.
3. Chess pieces that have been touched must be moved, unless it is impossible to move the piece.
4. A move is considered complete when the hand has released the chess piece being held.
5. A touched piece that touches an opponent's piece must be captured, unless it is impossible to capture the piece.
6. When the king is in check and the opponent makes a wrong move, the move can be replayed.
7. A pawn moved two squares, parallel to the opponent's pieces, is free for the player to decide whether to capture or not.
8. Promoted pawns or the last square must be replaced; the determination is up to the player.
9. Check or checkmate can be declared or not declared.
10. A piece declared dead when the opponent surrenders, the opponent's king is dead, or the time for thinking has run out (the clock needle falls).
11. A piece declared a draw, based on the agreement of both parties.
After you know the rules of playing chess, you also need to know the names of chess pieces and how to move them.
The way to play chess using the king piece is by moving one square from its previous position.
However, it can move in all directions, whether up, down, sideways, or diagonally.
The rules for playing chess with the minister piece are that you can move the minister piece in all directions, whether forward, backward, sideways, or diagonally, just like the king chess piece.
However, the advantage is that you can move it as far as you want as long as it doesn't pass through your own chess pieces.
Also, like other chess pieces, if the minister chess piece captures or kills the opponent's chess piece, the move must stop.
The way to play chess with the rook is that you can move to any place with as many steps as you want.
However, the direction you can take is only forward, backward, and sideways, and it must be in a straight position according to the chessboard squares.
The rook is a strong chess piece, especially if both rooks and other chess pieces protect and work together.
According to the rules of playing chess, the bishop chess piece can also be moved as far as desired, provided it moves diagonally.
Usually, two bishops are positioned on different colored squares on the chessboard, one on a white square and the other on a black square.
So, the bishop chess piece can only be moved diagonally on the same-colored chessboard square as its initial position on the chessboard.
For example, if the initial position of the bishop piece is on a white square, it can only move diagonally towards white squares, and vice versa.
Playing chess with the knight chess piece means that the player cannot move like other chess pieces.
The knight's movement, according to the correct way to play chess, can only move two squares from the initial chessboard position, then move one more step in the direction of the corner at a 90-degree angle.
Thus, it can be concluded that the knight chess piece will move in a pattern like the letter "L". In addition, the knight has the advantage of being the only chess piece that can jump over other pieces.
The pawn can move and capture opponents differently from other chess pieces. The pawn can move forward, but it can capture opponents by moving diagonally.
Playing chess using the pawn chess piece can move two squares forward when starting. However, the following steps can only move one square at a time.
The pawn can only capture another chess piece that is one square diagonally in front of it, and the pawn cannot move backward even if it wants to eliminate the opponent's chess piece.
That is an explanation of how to use chess pieces and the rules of chess that you must learn if you want to learn how to play chess. Hopefully, this information can be useful.